New Mexico T-Bone Accident Lawyer
An experienced Albuquerque car accident attorney you can count on
What is a T-bone accidents? Also known as a broadside accident, T-bones happen when a driver fails to yield the right of way at an intersection. One car strikes another car from the side, forming the shape of a "T." These car accidents can happen at 4-way intersections, stop signs, traffic lights or intersections involving side streets. With little protection between the driver and the side of the vehicle, these accidents often result in serious, life-threatening injuries. Traffic fatalities also sometimes occur.
Albuquerque car accident lawyer Andras Szantho has years of experience helping motorists injured in T-bone accidents seek justice. No matter how complex your accident may be, attorney Szantho can put his legal skills to work for you. He can launch a thorough investigation and find out who is responsible. It’s not just about money; it’s about holding negligent drivers accountable for their actions. Contact the Szantho Law Firm today to further discuss your options.
Who is at fault in a T-bone accident?
T-bone accidents can be very complex. Sometimes one driver is at fault. Other times, fault can be attributed to more than one driver. Additionally, the driver who gets broadsided and severely injured could be at fault. An experienced broadside accident lawyer can fight back when the insurance company tries to blame you for a crash you didn’t cause.
Factors leading to a T-bone accident
New Mexico T-bone accidents are often caused by the negligent actions of other drivers, but other factors may be at work, too. Some of the factors associated with broadsides include:
- Distracted driving: Drivers who take their eyes off the road for only a few seconds may not be prepared to slow down when approaching an intersection, or another car making a left turn. Distracted driving can involve using a handheld device, using a built-in infotainment system, eating, looking in the mirror or talking to passengers without paying attention to the road ahead.
- Impaired driving: Driving while drunk, drugged or tired can cause delays in judgment and reaction time. A driver who isn’t mentally prepared to take evasive actions to avoid a crash, may end up running a red light or stop sign, or hitting a car making a left turn.
- Speeding and reckless driving: No matter how skilled or mentally sharp a driver may be, speeding increases the risk of causing a T-bone accident.
- Inclement weather: New Mexico can experience a wide range of weather conditions. Depending on the time of year, drivers might have to deal with heavy rain or snow and ice. All of these adverse weather conditions can make roads slippery. This may make it difficult to stop.
- Vehicle defects: Brake failure, a loose wheel or tire blowout can cause a driver to lose control of his or her car. When approaching an intersection, a vehicle defect can be a contributing factor in a T-bone accident.
Why you need a T-bone accident lawyer
The injuries sustained in a T-bone accident can be severe and life-threatening. They often include:
- Spinal cord injuries
- Head injuries, including traumatic brain injuries (TBIs), concussions
- Broken bones
- Severed limbs
- Organ damage
- Cuts, bruises and contusions
- Injuries to the torso
There is no single average payout for a T-bone accident in New Mexico
The size of a settlement, verdict, or judgement is affected by the type and severity of injuries sustained. In general, the average New Mexico car accident settlement for a crash that causes significant injuries is in the tens of thousands of dollars to hundreds of thousands of dollars range, but that’s an average. Your case may vary.
Don’t count on the negligent driver’s insurance company to offer you a fair settlement. They only care about keeping their own costs down. The payout they want to give you, is almost certainly a lot less than what you deserve. Albuquerque car accident attorney Szantho puts the highest value on your physical health and comfort when he calculates your compensation package.
Proving fault in a T-bone accident
It’s not right for insurance companies to earn billions of dollars in profits every year by short-changing injured accident victims. That’s why you need an experienced car accident attorney who understands what it takes to prove fault in this type of crash.
Attorney Szantho is dedicated to helping injured crash victims maximize their compensation. He knows what it takes to prove fault in a T-bone accident and presents evidence that the insurance company cannot ignore. When it’s time to negotiate, attorney Szantho is aggressive in demanding the results you deserve from the negligent driver’s insurance company. If they refuse to budge, he’s prepared to take your case to trial.
Contact the Szantho Law Firm for a free and confidential case evaluation. You can also call our firm at 866-853-2462.