Attorney experienced at helping injured motorists
In today’s technologically advanced world, distracted driving is far too common. Handheld devices, built-in infotainment systems and drivers attempting to juggle too many tasks at once are a recipe for disaster. Many drivers don’t see the harm in sending a quick text or adjusting their GPS while their vehicle is in motion. They may have been doing it for a long time without experiencing any consequences. But it only takes a few seconds of inattentiveness for a catastrophic accident to occur.
When drivers are distracted, it gives them very little time to react when traffic comes to a stop or when they approach an unexpected obstacle in the road. This kind of negligence is never acceptable. If you have been injured because of a distracted driver, you need the legal help of a New Mexico auto accident attorney who is experienced in helping injured motorists seek justice. Contact Szantho Law Firm for a free, confidential case evaluation.
Why distracted driving is so dangerous
Accidents that are commonly caused by distracted driving include:
- Rear-end accidents: Distracted driving is often the culprit behind rear-end accidents, especially on busy roads when traffic jams up or suddenly comes to a stop.
- Head-on collisions: Drivers who take their eyes off the road, even for a few seconds, run the risk of veering into oncoming traffic. They are especially susceptible of causing head-on collisions on windy roads with a lot of curves.
- T-bone accidents: Distracted drivers often drive through red lights or stop signs and crash into the side of other vehicles, resulting in a T-bone or broadside accident.
- Lane-departure accidents: Distracted driving on busy multi-lane roads and highways can result in a lane-departure accident. This happens when a driver veers out of his or her lane and sideswipes a nearby vehicle.
- Single-vehicle accidents: Like any other accident, distracted driving can result in a crash with stationary objects such as utility poles, trees, buildings and guard rails. Rollover accidents can also be caused by distracted driving.
Don’t fall for the insurance company’s tricks
If you have been injured in an accident with a distracted driver, there should be no question about who was at fault. You would think simply reporting the accident to your insurance company and starting a claim would be sufficient enough to be compensated for your losses. Unfortunately, it’s often more complicated than that.
Insurance companies, including your own, don’t care if your medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering are compensated to the fullest extent. They only care about reducing their own costs, and they’ll often go to great lengths to do that. The other driver’s insurance company may attempt to pin the blame on you. They may ask trick questions in the hopes that you’ll say something that can later be used to deny your claim.
Don’t fall for their tricks. Consult with an attorney who will discuss your options and help you build a strong claim. With years of legal knowledge and experience, attorney Andras Szantho is prepared to take on the insurance companies and fight for you every step of the way.
Contact Szantho Law Firm today and find out how we can help you. You can also reach us by phone at 866-853-2462.