Fatal Car Accidents: A New Mexico Attorney Can Help
Losing a loved one in a fatal car accident can be devastating to those closest to the crash victim.
An experienced New Mexico auto accident attorney can investigate and find out what caused the death of your loved one. Fatal car accidents are almost always attributed to negligence. This can include:
- Distracted driving: Your loved one’s death may have been caused by a driver who was texting, using a handheld device, using built-in vehicle features, or engaging in other distracted behavior. Distracted driving is currently one of the leading causes in fatal car accidents.
- Impaired driving: The at-fault driver may have been impaired by alcohol or drugs. Or perhaps he or she operated a vehicle while drowsy.
- Speeding and reckless driving: Traffic accidents increase in severity with speed, and many injuries turn out to be fatal. Additionally, a driver’s reckless behavior, such as weaving in and out of traffic, tailgating, or ignoring traffic signals may have been the cause of your loved one’s death.
- Vehicle defects: The other driver may not have been at fault. In some cases, vehicle manufacturing defects can be the culprit in fatal car accidents. When this happens, you may sue the vehicle manufacturer or distributor.
What to do after losing a loved one in a crash
If you lost a loved in a fatal car accident, you need a compassionate and competitive car accident attorney on your side. You may be eligible for a wrongful death claim. This means that if you are the deceased person’s closest surviving relative or estate, you may be entitled to financial compensation for:
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Medical expenses accrued by the deceased person prior to his or her death
- Loss of earning potential or wages the deceased person would have earned
- Loss of support, guidance, and companionship the deceased person would have provided
- Pain, suffering, and mental anguished sustained by the deceased person’s relatives or estate
In order to file a wrongful death claim in New Mexico, you must take action within the statute of limitations, which is within three years of the death. If you wait until after the three years to file, your claim will be denied.
Consult with an attorney you can trust
Attorney Andras Szantho has seen the pain and suffering families go through after losing a loved one. He understands that it’s not just about the money. It’s about holding negligent drivers accountable for their actions. During these difficult times, the last thing you need to deal with is an insurance company who is reluctant to treat you fairly.
That’s why attorney Szantho will work tirelessly to pursue justice for you and your family. He knows how insurance companies work and the dirty tricks they often use, even while a family is grieving the loss of a loved one. He has over ten years of experience representing families of fatal car accident victims in Albuquerque, Sante Fe, and other parts of New Mexico. When insurance companies refuse to do the right thing, he’ll gladly take them to trial.
To learn how attorney Szantho can help, contact us today by calling toll free at 866-853-2462.