Albuquerque truck accident attorney proudly serving New Mexico
The raised design of most tractor trailers allows just enough room for smaller cars to get wedged underneath. The roof of the car can be cut off, resulting in injuries that are rarely survivable. Those who do survive must often undergo months, and even years, of treatment to recover from their injuries.
After such a catastrophic truck accident in New Mexico, you deserve the legal advocacy of an experienced Albuquerque truck accident attorney. Attorney Andras Szantho understands the pain and suffering caused by underride accidents. As your lawyer, he can work tirelessly for you in pursuit of justice. With years of experience and vast legal knowledge, attorney Szantho has helped hundreds of injured motorists obtain compensation for their losses. Contact us today and find out how we can help you.
What causes underride truck accidents?
There are many factors that can lead to an underride accident. Most of the time, they are attributed to negligence on the part of the truck driver or truck company. Underride accidents are often caused by:
- Lack of underride guards on trucks: In order to prevent underride accidents, guards should be placed on all trailers. Many trucking companies already equip their vehicles with underride guards. However, some lawmakers are calling for underride guards to be required on all trucks.
- Trucking company’s failure to maintain or improve visibility: Reflective tape and reflective devices should be installed on all large trucks. If reflective gear is already installed, it should be maintained and cleaned off regularly.
- Truck driver pulls out into traffic: Underride accidents can happen when a truck driver suddenly pulls out into traffic, allowing very little time for oncoming cars to respond. Smaller cars often hit the side of the trailer and get pinned underneath.
- Truck driver suddenly stops: Underride accidents at the rear of the trailer can happen when a truck driver suddenly slows down or comes to a stop.
- Driver’s inability to stop: Vehicle defects or slippery road conditions can make it difficult to stop to avoid an accident. This can happen to the truck driver or car driver.
Such negligence can lead to a rear end collision, side impact, or offset collision – the car strikes one of the rear corners of the trailer. But truck drivers and truck companies often deny doing anything wrong. That’s why you need an underride truck accident lawyer who knows how to investigate the crash to get the facts.
Don’t hesitate to take action with an underride truck accident attorney
Following an underride accident, you could be out of work for months or even years during your recovery process. You could also sustain life-long complications that could prevent you from enjoying activities you once partook in. The burden of accumulating medical expenses and lost wages could wreak havoc on your life.
You should never attempt to handle a truck accident claim alone. Trucking companies often have their own team of investigators, adjustors and attorneys who will fight vigorously to reduce any wrongdoing on their part. Let an experienced New Mexico truck accident attorney handle your underride accident claim. Attorney Szantho can investigate the cause of your crash and can fight to hold responsible parties accountable for their action.
If you have lost a loved one due to an underride accident, you may be eligible for a wrongful death claim. This means you could be entitled to compensation on behalf of the deceased crash victim. This includes loss of future earnings, support and companionship. The statute of limitations (deadline for taking legal action) in New Mexico for a wrongful death claim is three years.