Investigating Trucking Companies
Albuquerque attorney who understands the process
Dealing with trucking companies after a truck accident can be complicated and frustrating. Trucking companies usually have their own team of investigators, adjustors and attorneys who vigorously work to downplay any wrongdoing on the company’s part. Some trucking companies also sometimes take dishonest measures to cover up their mistakes.
That’s why you need an Albuquerque truck accident attorney who understands the process following a truck accident. Attorney Andras Szantho has years of experience helping injured motorists seek justice. He can use his knowledge of New Mexico’s complex legal system to launch a thorough investigation into a trucking company to find out how they were negligent. Contact Attorney Szantho today and find out how he can help you.
Damaged caused by negligence of trucking companies
Due to the sheer size and weight of large commercial trucks, trucking companies, and their drivers, are expected to follow federal regulations and make safety a priority. When they fail to do so, devastating accidents can occur, resulting in severe, often life-threatening, injuries to everyone involved. Truck accidents often include:
- Jackknife accidents: This often happens when a truck swerves, brakes or turns too quickly during slippery road conditions. A lightly-loaded trailer can swing out, forming the shape of a jackknife and slamming into other vehicles.
- Underride accidents: When trucks stop abruptly or pull out into traffic, smaller passenger-vehicles can crash under the side or rear of the trailer and get crushed underneath.
- Lane-departure accidents: Shifting lanes without care or experiencing a tire blowout can cause a large truck to sideswipe nearby vehicles.
- Rear-end accidents: Distracted driving, impaired driving, slippery road conditions and brake failure are often the culprit behind rear-end accidents involving large trucks.
- T-bone accidents: A truck driver who fails to stop at a red light or stop sign can end up broadsiding another vehicle. The side impact of the crash forms the shape of a T.
- Rollover accidents: Inclement weather, loose wheels, brake failure or tire blowouts can cause a truck to lose control and rollover. A rollover accident involving a large truck can affect many nearby vehicles.
- Head-on collisions: Truck drivers who operate their vehicle without care on a windy road or a road without a median strip sometimes cause head-on collisions with other vehicles.
What we will look for
If a trucking company’s negligence caused your accident, don’t try to handle your claim alone. Let attorney Szantho handle it so you can focus on your recovery. Attorney Szantho often examines the following violations often associated with accidents when investigating truck crashes:
- Falsifying records: If a trucking company failed to follow federal regulations, they may attempt to cover up their behavior by changing or falsifying records. This includes federally-mandated breaks, maintenance and inspection of their vehicles and logging of miles.
- Driver experience, history and licensure: Trucking companies can be responsible for negligence when they hire drivers who are inexperienced, untrained, unlicensed or have a history of reckless driving.
- Cargo loads: The trailer of a large truck should be loaded properly, with cargo evenly balanced to prevent the cargo from spilling or the truck from rolling over.
- Truck maintenance: Trucking companies are required by law to ensure that their vehicles are safe to drive. This includes make sure the brakes work, the tires are up to date and properly inflated, and the trailer is equipped with reflective gear.
Contact us today
Don’t let the trucking company’s insurance provider push you around. They often take advantage of injured motorists who don’t know their rights. They may also try to pin the blame on you or offer a small settlement in hopes that your claim will disappear. Rely on attorney Szantho to fight for you. Your claim isn’t just about money, it’s about holding trucking companies and their insurance providers accountable for their negligence.
Contact Szantho Law Firm today for a free case evaluation.