New Mexico attorney fighting for your rights
Many motorcyclists in New Mexico enjoy the freedom of the open road, an experience you can’t get with a car. However, some motorists fail to pay attention and show no regard for the safety of motorcyclists. That’s why so many motorcycle accidents are often caused by driver negligence.
In the event of a motorcycle crash, you should seek the legal help of an experienced motorcycle accident attorney, who can help weigh your options. Albuquerque motorcycle accident attorney Andras Szantho is dedicated to helping injured motorcyclists on the road to recovery. Contact the Szantho Law Firm today to begin the process. We handle cases throughout New Mexico.
Prevent motorcycle accidents with these safety tips
Safety precautions are the first line of defense when it comes to preventing motorcycle accidents or reducing the likelihood of sustaining a severe injury.
Motorcyclists are urged to do the following:
- Make sure your motorcycle is safe to ride: The first thing you should do when choosing a motorcycle is make sure it’s the right size. As you sit on the bike, your feet should comfortably touch the ground. If the motorcycle is too big or small, it can be a safety hazard. You should also make sure the brakes, lights and steering work correctly. Ensure that your tires are up to date and properly inflated.
- Wear protective gear: Jeans, a T-shirt and sneakers just won’t cut it when it comes to reducing the likelihood of sustaining severe injuries in a motorcycle crash. Make sure you have a properly fitted helmet, protective eyewear, gloves, boots and a protective jacket. This can make a big difference when it comes to your safety.
- Improve your riding skills: Inexperience is often a recipe for disaster for novice motorcyclists. Before you take to the road, always make sure you are properly trained. Take a motorcycle safety course. Take the time to practice your riding skills. Even experienced motorcyclists should continue to hone their skills. The better your riding skills, the more likely you’ll be able to take evasive action to avoid an accident.
- Avoid driving while impaired: Never get on your motorcycle while under the influence of drugs or alcohol, or when you haven’t had enough sleep. These factors cause delays in judgment and reaction time, both of which are needed when operating a motorcycle.
- Keep a safe distance from cars and trucks: Remember that some motorists fail to pay attention to motorcycles. Your best bet is to keep a safe distance between you and other motor vehicles on the road.
- Avoid riding during inclement weather: Heavy rain, strong winds, sand storms, and the occasional winter weather conditions can be hazardous for motorcyclists.
- Watch out for road defects: Keep your eyes on the road and be careful of debris and other objects that make their way into the road.
The justice you deserve
While you can do your best to ride safely, there is no guarantee that motorists will do the same. Dealing with insurance companies can be difficult and frustrating. They often take advantage of the bias that motorcyclists are reckless and irresponsible. Attorney Szantho knows that is simply not true.
Don’t let the insurance companies push you around or try to pin the blame on you. Let attorney Szantho handle them. He can launch a thorough investigation into what caused your motorcycle accident and use details from the police report, witnesses and your medical evaluation to help you build a strong claim. Attorney Szantho can fight to hold responsible parties accountable for your negligence. That way, you can focus on recovery.
Contact the Szantho Law Firm today and schedule a free, confidential case evaluation. Call 866-853-2462.